Work for Mi Mì Café!!
***THIS PAGE IS ARCHIVED AND AS OF 7/2/2023 MI MI CAFE IS NOT CURRENTLY HIRING***
Interested in working for us? We are hiring for a part time position as a food truck operator! Please see the description below for details and how to apply!!
Mi Mi Café Job Posting
Title: Food Truck Operator
Basically, we need a third pair of hands to help with the day-to-day. We need help with preparation of the food we serve, cleaning up, doing dishes, helping maintain the equipment, ordering and shopping for supplies and ingredients, and serving customers. The hired candidate would be trained to do everything just described and more. Prior experience in food service is helpful, but not required. We will teach you everything you need to know and understand that there will be a learning curve. This position is expected to be seasonal, but may have opportunity for some work during the winter season. Hours could range from 24-36 per week depending on event schedule and season.
- Shopping for ingredients for the coming week’s service dates
- Advance prepping food
- Assisting with baking of banh mi bread loaves
- Helping with set up prior to an event or service
- Assisting with operations during service (cooking and preparation of food, cashiering and taking orders if needed, managing and restocking supplies)
- Cleaning and taking down at end of a service
- Helping with dishwashing
- Assistance with maintenance of equipment
- Ability to work in a physically demanding environment. We work in all conditions (cold and hot), and lift heavy objects while moving about
- Be 18 years or older
- Have reliable transportation
- Good work ethic and willingness to learn and apply new skills beyond just one skill set
- $15/hr pay rate plus share of tips on service days
- Learn new skills applicable to a career in the food service industry
- Gain skills in entrepreneurship
- Flexible hours
- Free lunch on service days
Company Description: Mi Mì Café is a food truck that serves authentic Vietnamese street food within the Chippewa Valley. We are a family owned and operated, husband and wife-duo and have lived in the area for 7 years and felt that we wanted to help diversify Eau Claire’s local food scene by bringing the cuisine of the streets of Saigon, Vietnam to the area. We work hard, try to have fun, and don’t mind loudly swearing on the job. It is a mobile kitchen, after all.
How to Apply:
Email your resume and a short introduction of yourself to email@example.com. Please let me know what makes you want to work for a food truck and what you hope to get out of the experience.